CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 (COVID-19) INFORMATION
The College Campus will remain closed to visitors and students for the interim period.
College operations and work hours will continue as per the normal Movement Control Order (MCO & CMCO) rules and most staff will continue to work remotely with a small number of staff in office.
Teaching and learning activities will continue online until it is declared safe to resume in person classes.
Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is a virus strain that was first identified in Wuhan, China. The disease the virus causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated COVID-19).
Patients infected with the virus suffer a fever of 38 degrees Celsius and above, dry cough, runny nose and a sore throat. Severe cases have indicated patients suffering with pneumonia and breathing difficulties too. Though mild, these symptoms have led to thousands of casualties since its outbreak in December 2019.
Be safe and protect others by following these guidelines:
- Wash hands frequently with water and soap or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser. Soap and alcohol-based solutions kills the virus on your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth frequently. Your hands touch many surfaces and if it should come in contact with the virus, it can enter your body through the eyes, nose and mouth.
- Practice social distancing or maintain at least 1 metre distance from those who are coughing or sneezing. Sneezing or coughing produces small liquid droplets from the nose or mouth which may contain the COVID-19 virus and if you’re too close, you may breathe in these droplets.
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing with your bent elbow or tissue and dispose the tissue immediately. This avoids small liquid droplets which may contain the virus from spreading into the air.
It is advised for all staff and students to avoid travel abroad during this global crisis.
If you have just returned from overseas, you are required to quarantine yourself for 14 days at home.
- Follow the COVID-19 preventive guidelines.
- Keep your distance from family members who aren’t under self-quarantine.
- Check your temperature twice a day.
- Clean your room everyday with disinfectant wipes or household cleaners.
- Wash laundry thoroughly.
- Go to work, school or public areas.
- Use public transportation.
- Have visitors at your home especially if they are pregnant, elderly or if they have chronic health problems.
- Share dishes, utensils, cups, towels or bedding.
- All classroom-based learning such as lectures and tutorials will now be conducted online using Microsoft Teams.
- All club and extracurricular activities, outdoor and sporting events have been postponed indefinitely.
- Students arriving from overseas are required to be quarantined for a period of 14-days.
- Special Quarantine units have been prepared for international and out-of-state students living in the University Hostel.
- Hand-sanitizers have been provided at over 25 strategic locations campus-wide.